With a forward-thinking, value-driven business philosophy, Michelman has become a widely recognized global provider of water-based advanced materials to the printing & packaging, coatings, and industrial manufacturing industries. We maintain production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, and product development and technical service centers in several major global markets.
Our innovative surface additives and polymeric binders for coatings are used by leading manufacturers around the world to enhance performance attributes and add value in applications including wood and floor care products, metal and industrial coatings, paints, varnishes, inks, and fibers & composites. Our global network of technology and business professionals anticipate industry trends and engage with our customers to discuss how they can apply them for their future success.
Michelman is well-known as an expert in the development of barrier and functional coatings, as well as digital printing-press primers and OPVs that are used in the production of consumer and industrial packaging, paper products, labels, and commercially printed materials. For our customers, we offer industry leading solutions that allow them to apply these products in a broad array of end-use applications.
Printing & Packaging
Primers, OPVs, and Functional & Barrier Coatings for Innovative Labels and Packaging
Our well-known barrier and functional coatings, as well as our industry leading and recommended digital printing press primers are used in the production of consumer and industrial packaging and paper products, labels, and commercially printed materials.
- Specialty Printing – Michelman's DigiPrime® and DigiGuard® priming and overprint varnish (OPV) solutions have been tested and recommended by HP Indigo.
- Paper Coating – Performance brands such as VaporCoat®, HydraBan®, and Michem Coat® give barrier functionality to surfaces including paper, corrugated board liner, and paper board. Michelman products protect substrate surfaces from water, vapor, moisture, oil and grease.
- Flexible Packaging – Our Michem® Flex, Michem® Emulsion and Michem® Lube brands of water-based primers and coatings offer critical functionality to complex packaging structures.
Product Selection Guides
Emulsions & Dispersions for Sustainable, High Performance Coatings
Our waterborne polymers and additives – including acrylic polymers and copolymers, polyurethane dispersions, and surface modifiers – build specialty performance with low VOC into formulated coatings for these key markets:
- Architectural Specialty Coatings – Our technology imparts optimum protection and durability to a variety of surfaces.
- Industrial & Maintenance Coatings – Solutions for factory-applied and field-applied protective coatings on metal, concrete, wood or plastic.
- Agricultural Ingredients – Waterborne formulation additives improve flow and planting behavior of seeds.
- Polishes – Our system of polymer dispersions and wax emulsions help maintain an array of high traffic surfaces in flooring, automotive, furniture, and soft goods applications.
- Inks & Overprint Varnishes – Our additives improve block, rub, and water resistance and other critical qualities in graphic arts applications.
Surface Modifiers, Dispersions and Emulsions for Composites and Other Manufactured Products
We are known as the interface adhesion experts and we work hand in hand with product manufacturers to improve productivity and performance.
- Reinforced Plastics Composites – Our Hydrosize®, FGlass™, and Michem® Emulsion product lines are optimized for a broad range of thermoplastic, thermoset, and very high temperature resin matrices.
- Industrial Moldings – Michem® emulsions provide clean release and minimize defects during processing and forming.
- Soft Goods – Our environmentally friendly Michem® Prime and Michem® Emulsion brands offer improved functionality for technical textiles that comprise woven or nonwoven materials.
Please contact us using the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.